Indulge in the decadent and indulgent flavors of stuffed French toast. This classic breakfast consists of thick slices of bread, filled with sweet and creamy filling, and baked to golden perfection. With a hint of cinnamon and a drizzle of maple syrup, this is a breakfast treat that will leave you craving more.
Stuffed French Toast
- 8 Slices Thick Bread
- 4 Ounces Cream Cheese, Softened
- 2 Table S Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tea S Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Tea S Ground Cinnamon
- 4 Pcs Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- Butter for cooking
- Maple Syrup for servings
- Optional toppings: Fresh berries, sliced bananas, or a dusting of powdered sugar
- In a mixing bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and ground cinnamon. Mix until well combined and smooth.
- Take two slices of bread and spread the cream cheese mixture evenly on one side of each slice. Press the pieces together, making a sandwich filled with cream cheese. Repeat with remaining bread slices and cream cheese mixture.
- In a separate bowl, make a mixture of eggs and milk.
- Dab a small amount of butter on the hot pan, making sure it covers the surface.
- Dip each stuffed bread sandwich into the egg mixture, and let it soak for a few seconds on each side. Place the soaked sandwiches on the preheated skillet.
- Cook all the stuffed French toast for about 3-4 minutes per side with butter to make it golden brown and crispy.
- Once cooked, transfer the stuffed French toast to serving plates. Serve warm with a drizzle of maple syrup and optional toppings of your choice, such as fresh berries or sliced bananas. Dust with powdered sugar if desired.