Welcome to a new recipe called stove top chicken casserole recipe. Put the brown chicken In a pan with the garlic and onions. Add the chicken broth, bell pepper, mushrooms, cream of mushroom soup. Season with rosemary, thyme, salt and black pepper. Simmer till chicken is cooked. Blend into the cooked rice, then top with the cheddar cheese. Melt the cheese and serve this delicious, comforting casserole.
stove top chicken casserole
- 1 1/2 LB Chicken Breasts Boneless Skinless Cut into Bite-sized pieces
- 1 TBS Olive Oil
- 1 Pc Onion Chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 Pc Red Bell Pepper Chopped
- 1 Pc Green Bell Pepper Chopped
- 1 Cup Mushrooms Sliced
- 350 Grm Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Frozen Peas
- 1 TS Dried Thyme
- 1/2 TS Dried Rosemary
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Cup Cooked Rice
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large wok or skillet over medium heat.
- Add 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast (cut into bite-size pieces) to pan. Cook the chicken until it is browned on all sides. Then take the chicken out of the pan and keep it aside.
- Add 1 chopped onion and 2 chopped garlic cloves to the same pan. Saute them till the onion turns translucent, which takes about 5 minutes.
- Add 1 chopped red bell pepper, 1 chopped green pepper, and 1 cup sliced mushrooms to the pan. Cook for a further 5 minutes until the vegetables are slightly soft.
- Return the cooked chicken to the pan and add 1 can (10.75 oz/305 g) of condensed cream of mushroom soup and 1 cup of the chicken broth. Stir well to combine all the ingredients.
- Add 1 cup of frozen peas, 1 teaspoon of dried thyme, and 1/2 teaspoon of dried rosemary to the pan. Add salt and black pepper as per taste. Stir all together.
- Bring mixture to a simmer. Then, reduce the heat to low and cover the pan. Allow the casserole to simmer for about 15-20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the flavors have blended.
- While the casserole is simmering, prepare 2 cups of cooked rice according to package directions.
- Once the casserole is cooked, remove from heat. Stir the cooked rice until it is well combined with the other ingredients.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese evenly over the top of the casserole.
- Cover the pan and let it sit for a few minutes until the cheese melts.