Indulge in the delightful Magnolia Banana Pudding, a luscious treat that combines layers of vanilla wafers, fresh sliced bananas, and smooth custard, crowned with a fluffy blanket of whipped cream. This easy-to-make dessert is a crowd-pleaser and will leave you craving for more!
Magnolia Banana Pudding Recipe
- 2 Cup Vanilla Wafers
- 4 Pcs Bananas, Sliced
- 2 Cup Whole Milk
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 Cup All-purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup Salt
- 4 Pcs Egg Yolks Large
- 4 TS Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 4 TS Powdered Sugar
- In a medium saucepan, combine 2 cups of whole milk, ½ cup of granulated sugar, ¼ cup of all-purpose flour, and ¼ teaspoon of salt. Place the saucepan over medium heat and whisk until the mixture thickens, about 5-7 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk 4 large egg yolks. Gradually add a small amount of the hot milk mixture to the egg yolks while whisking continuously to temper the eggs and prevent scrambling.
- Pour the tempered egg yolk mixture back into the saucepan with the remaining milk mixture. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until the custard thickens and coats the back of a spoon, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- In a serving dish or individual cups, create a layer of vanilla wafers, followed by a layer of sliced bananas. Pour a portion of the custard over the banana layer. Repeat the layers until all the ingredients are used, ending with a layer of custard on top.
- Cover the dish with plastic wrap, ensuring it touches the surface of the custard to prevent a skin from forming. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, or overnight, to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Prior to serving, whip 1 cup of heavy cream and 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar together until soft peaks form. Spread the whipped cream over the chilled pudding.
- Garnish the pudding with additional crushed vanilla wafers, banana slices, or a sprinkle of cinnamon, if desired.