Lasagna rolls-up recipe: are a fun twist on the classic dish, featuring individual rolls that are filled with a flavorful blend of cheeses and your choice of meat or vegetables. Baked in a delicious tomato sauce, they make a crowd-pleasing meal perfect for gatherings or family dinners.
Lasanga Roll Ups
- lasagna noodles
- pound ground beef or vegetables (such as spinach or mushrooms)
- ricotta cheese
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- grated Parmesan cheese
- garlic, minced
- dried basil
- dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- marinara sauce
- Fresh basil leaves, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 375 °F (190 °C). Grease a baking dish with cooking spray or a little olive oil.
- Cook the lasagna noodles until al dente according to package directions. Take it out and keep it aside.
- In a wok, cook the beef or vegetables over medium heat until brown. Drain off any excess fat. If using vegetables, make sure they are cooked and seasoned to your liking.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, shredded mozzarella cheese, grated parmesan cheese, egg, minced garlic, dried basil, dried oregano, salt and pepper. Mix well for creamy cheese filling.
- Place cooked lasagna noodles on a clean surface. Spread a thin layer of the cheese filling evenly on each noodle.
- Place a tablespoon of cooked beef or vegetables in the center of each noodle.
- Carefully roll each noodle, starting at one end, to form lasagna roll-ups.
- Spread a thin layer of marinara sauce over the bottom of a greased baking dish.
- Place lasagna roll-ups seam-side down in a baking dish, arranging them side by side.
- Pour remaining marinara sauce over roll-ups, making sure they are well coated.
- Cover a baking dish with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbling and the cheese has melted.
- Remove the foil and continue baking for another 5-10 minutes until the cheese is golden and slightly crispy.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves before serving.