Enjoy a mouth-watering and satisfying dish with this Crispy Chicken Parmesan recipe. Tender chicken breast coated in a crispy breadcrumb crust, smothered in marinara sauce, and topped with melted cheese, this Italian classic is sure to become a favorite.
Crispy Chicken Parmesan
- 1 Cup Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Cup All-purpose flour
- 2 Pcs Large Eggs, Beaten
- 2 Cups Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 TS Dried Oregano
- 1/2 TS Dried Basil
- 1/4 TS Garlic Powder
- 1/4 TS Onion Powder
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 Cups Marinara Sauce
- 1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Cup Fresh Basil Leaves, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Place a wire rack on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Fry both sides of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Set up a bread station with three shallow dishes. Place the flour in the first dish. In another dish, beat the eggs. In a third dish, mix breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, dried oregano, dried basil, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Dredge each chicken breast in flour, shaking off any excess. Then dip it in the beaten eggs, letting any excess drip off. Finally, put coated chicken in the breadcrumb mixture and press gently to adhere the breadcrumbs.
- In a large skillet, heat enough vegetable oil to cover the bottom of the pan over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the breaded chicken breasts and cook for about 3-4 minutes per side, or until golden brown and crispy. Put the chicken (cooked) to a wired rack on a baking sheet.
- Spoon marinara sauce evenly over each chicken breast. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Place the baking sheet with the chicken in the preheated oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly and the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove it from oven and let it rest for a few minutes. In case of requirement Garnish it with fresh basil leaves.